We are currently recruiting an IT Manager (m/f/x). This person will be based in Bussum (the Netherlands) as part of the Central Services team. The Central Services team is located in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom and consists of approximately 25 specialists who are responsible for the reporting, accounting, legal, tax, ESG, investor relations, HR, IT, marketing and information management functions of the Waterland funds and Waterland group.
The IT Manager is responsible for the IT strategy and policy across the entire Waterland organization. This includes liaising with Waterland at a senior management level and facilitating cross-process prioritization discussions:
• Defines and establishes the IT demand management and relationship management processes and aligns them with the entire organization.
• Ensures that all IT-related activities are in line with the Waterland mission, vision & strategy.
• Designs, develops and owns the full IT Roadmap (till now, all IT-related activities within Waterland have been outsourced)
• Holds responsibility for the ICT Policy.
• Defines, implements and maintains programs that protect Waterland from cyber threats.
• Has a good view on important concepts of technical platforms and software solutions that need to be respected in the Waterland group.
• Maintains strong relationships with our investment teams and provides proactive proposals for continuous improvement and innovation.
• Holds responsibility for the IT budget & the financial follow up of projects.
• Manages relationships with external service providers, ensuring the delivery of all solutions across the full systems development lifecycle; serves as the ultimate escalation point for all process solution projects.
• Act as portfolio liaison: information sharing and sounding board towards portfolio companies with regard to IT-related topics (including cybersecurity).
The IT Manager will report to the CFO (based in Bussum).
The role is highly varied and involves working in a supportive, dynamic team. The role will involve international travel (maximum 20%). The projects you could work on offer continuous learning, increase your knowledge of the private equity industry, and support you in growing your future career within Waterland.
We are seeking candidates (m/f/x) who can meet the following requirements:
• You have a university degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar function, preferably in a financial or service-oriented environment.
• You have strong affinity with technology from a conceptual point of view and you are driven by innovation & digitalization. Knowledge of cybersecurity is a requirement.
• You are experienced in designing, developing and implementing an IT Roadmap.
• You aim to have a strong collaboration with teams from business and Central Services and you know how to team up with stakeholders to work together towards a common goal.
• You are decisive and have strong capabilities to deal with escalations. In difficult and stressful situations, you strive for consensus to come up with solutions.
• The ability to work independently and efficiently, as good project and time management is essential in this position.
• Profound knowledge of Dutch and English. If you have knowledge of any other European language, we would love to hear about it.
A down-to-earth and open team player, having good communication and conviction skills, service-oriented, decisive, a creative yet pragmatic attitude, initiative-driven, curious and passionate.
Well-organized, pro-active, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines. Taking responsibility for tasks at hand.
A full-time employment contract. The role will be based in our Bussum (the Netherlands) office as part of a diverse team, both from a cultural and gender perspective.
We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an inclusive and dynamic working environment in which each team member can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
Work-life integration and hybrid working are important to us.
Waterland is an independent private equity investment group that supports entrepreneurs in realizing their growth ambitions. With substantial financial resources and committed industry expertise, Waterland enables its portfolio companies to achieve accelerated growth both organically and through acquisitions. Waterland is an active investor in the financial, strategic and operational sense.
In the current dynamic business environment with an increasing number of mergers and acquisitions, Waterland is a partner that provides entrepreneurs with a powerful position in the increasingly competitive international arena. Since the start in 1999, the firm has made investments in more than 850 companies. Waterland currently manages more than € 10 billion of investor commitments.
Investments are made in markets with attractive characteristics for a consolidation strategy: consistent growth, sufficient size, sustainable profitability, fragmentation and (indication of) consolidation. Waterland focusses on industries that are undergoing change as a consequence of one or more of the following trends: sustainability, outsourcing and digitalization, ageing population, and leisure and luxury.
Waterland employs 150 professionals. Our teams are based in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Denmark and operate across Europe.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail their resume to email@example.com. For more information, please contact Wouter Van Linden (Group Head of HR) on telephone number: +32.479.809.443.